Hispanic Heritage is celebrated each year between the dates of September 15 to October 15. During this time people recognize the contribution of American citizens whose ancestors came from different Hispanic heritage from around the world. Despite the many challenges Hispanics have face when they arrived to the U.S., they have maintained growth and have been tenacious in succeeding in this country.
Since 1970 the Hispanic population in the U.S. grew to 53 million in 2012, and continues to grow today. With such growth Hispanics now have a lot of influence with the direction of this country. By 2016, 28 million Hispanics will be eligible to vote, and as the second largest, fastest growing, and youngest group of Americans, Hispanics hold the key to this country’s future. Not having to mention Hispanics also have one of the largest buying power. They love to spend! With a 1.5 trillion by end of 2015 and a projected 1.7 trillion growth by 2017, everyone is taking notice.
Most importantly, Hispanics have made huge contributions to this country by taking on leading roles and have inspired many to follow their lead. Here are a few successful Hispanic leaders:
- Sonia Sotomayor, the first Latina Supreme Court Justice in U.S. history.
- Oscar de la Hoya the Mexican professional boxer who is well known in the sport industry.
- Jennifer Lopez the famous Puerto Rican actress and singer is an inspiration in the entertainment world.
- Natalie Morales is a famous Hispanic American journalist from a Brazilian and Puerto Rican background.
- Luis W. Alvares a Hispanic American is Nobel Prize winner in Physics born in San Francisco.
- Julia Alvarez is a Dominican American well known author in poetry, Novelist and essayist.
- Miguel Lopez Alegria from Spain is a veteran from 3 space shuttle missions and one International Space Station Mission.
- Cesar Chavez was a Mexican American farm worker, labor leader, and civil rights activist.
- Juan Pablo Montoya is a Colombian professional race car driver that has won multiple top 10 finishes for Champ Car, Nascar, IndyCar, and Formula 1.
- George Lopez is well known Mexican American comedian that brings laughter and joy to everyone!
To learn more about Hispanic Heritage month and how Hispanics have shaped this country, view his short clip.
Source: HHmaction.com, Pew Research Center, Nielsen
Summer is almost over and now you can make sure you end it with a bang, with these top 5 summer city spots to visit. There’s still a couple of more beaches, skyscrapers, amusement parks and a couple more shopping to do before you can say “I had the best end of the summer in 2015!”
Below are top five spots to visit before you can officially end your summer!
- Team ConneXion recently attended an event in Anaheim, CA and we had the opportunity to eat breakfast at a local French Bistro offering some of the best food and Mimosa’s in town. What makes this restaurant so amazing, is their commitment to preparing their food daily with the freshest ingredients. You can definitely taste the difference! Don’t forget to ask for a Mimosa as well. It won’t disappoint you!
- If you happen to travel to NYC and want to stay across the street from the ordinary The One Boutique Hotel is the place to stay this summer in Flushing, NY 1.1 miles from Queens Botanical Garden. The hotel room amenities are modern and all controlled by touch screen panel located next to your bed for easy access and that’s not the best part. After a long day there is the Oo Bar & lounge in the top floor open daily with live music, happy hr., and a beautiful view of the city at night. Enjoy the luxuries of Manhattan without the city transit chaos.
- From Foam party, Dance Contest, Jet Ski, Color Paint Party, Mechanical Bull and much more drive to Banana Bend Beach if you are in Houston, TX. Banana Bend beach is approximately 1 hr. away from the city in Highlands, TX. It’s an artificially beach on the river with beach sand, but without the irritating salty water. Enjoy the fresh water from the San Jacinto River this summer with live music.
- Up for the Miami heat! Then swing by the tropical nightclub Spice-Resto Lounge on Hollywood Blvd. where they have live shows every day from Samba dancers, Live Salsa band, Capoeira and much more. At Spice-Resto Lounge you will get the all in one Latin flavor experience. Get the opportunity to dine of the Latin Fusion cuisine with the sound of tropical music with a Margarita for dessert this summer.
- For those who like traveling international, Cali Colombia offers multiple hot spots that offer spectacular views and amazing experiences.
18 Kilometer- Has anyone ever told you have your head up in the clouds? Well if you are in Cali, Colombia this the time you can say yes! From the city of Cali you can go up the mountain to a location called 18 Kilometer where the weather drops from high 80 to high 50 degrees in 45 minutes where you get to enjoy hot chocolate, arepas, empanadas and other popular Colombian food with the view of the city lights between the clouds.
Other 2 places to check out in Cali, Colombia are:
There are so many places to see, so much to eat and rides to ride, but so little time to do it in. I hope with all this information you can make a small trip just before summer ends and make your ending of summer with a big Bang.
Tell me where you would like to go and end your summer with a big bang?
Make up to $85 in 50 minutes! ConneXion Research is looking for participants ages 25-55 to participate in a group discussion about Mobile Devices in Houston, TX on Tuesday September 15 at different times depending on the group you qualify for. If you qualify and participate you will be paid $75 up to $85 for your participation.
To see if you qualify, please call us at 281-815-4967/281-815-4945 after 12pm. You must call for consideration. The call to see if you qualify will only take about 10 minutes of your time, we cannot guarantee that you qualify until we screen you. If our lines are busy, please try again or leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Please share with your family and friends!
Gane $10 en poco minutos en su hogar! ConneXion Research esta buscando hombres Hispanos de habla español que viven en Chicago y en sus alrededores para un estudio en línea. Si califica, simplemente completa una encuesta en línea de unos 25 minutos. Se le pagara con una tarjeta electrónica de Wal-mart o Target de un valor de $10. Puede completar esta encuesta desde su hogar, trabajo o por teléfono, como mejor le convenga.
Para ver si usted califica, por favor llámenos al 281-815-4978/281-815-4914 después de las 12pm. Si nuestras líneas están ocupadas, por favor intente de nuevo o deje un mensaje en el buzón de voz y su llamada será regresada lo más pronto posible. Usted debe llamar para ser considerado. La llamada para ver si usted califica durará unos 10-15 minutos, pero no hay ninguna garantía de que usted califique.
Por favor comparta este mensaje con sus familiares y amigos en su área!